Dr Blazsek is Lecturer in Commercial, Corporate and Banking Law and the School of Law Study Abroad Coordinator at the University of Leeds. She has previously held fellowships at Fordham University School of Law, Columbia Law School, and Budapest Business School. Dr Blazsek is particularly interested in financial stability-related legal, regulatory and policy issues from a comparative perspective. In 2005-14, before, during, and in the aftermath of the 2008 global financial crisis, she mostly worked on financial crisis-related legal-regulatory issues at a market-leading multinational financial institution’s legal directorate in Budapest. She managed a team of 5-8 attorneys for over 2 years. She also worked on corporate, commercial, and bankruptcy matters at a prestigious law firm in Budapest and on international investment arbitration matters at Winston & Strawn in Paris. She defended her doctoral dissertation summa cum laude in 2018. She is the author of the book, BANKING BAILOUT LAW: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM AND THE EUROPEAN UNION (Routledge, U.K. & U.S., Oct. 2020), which is based on her dissertation. She has held numerous book talks and her book is held by over 100 libraries worldwide (April 2021).
In 2018-19, Dr Blazsek served as a Buergenthal Scholar at the George Washington University School of Law in Washington, DC. She received a Pro Bono Service Award for having completed a pro bono project at the DC Superior Court’s Landlord-Tenant Legal Resource Center. In 2019-20, she worked as an attorney on the legal support of global investments and operations at the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund in New York City. Dr Blazsek regularly serves as ad hoc reviewer for law and economics journals and publishers. She has worked in various research projects in the US, the UK, the EU, Spain, Italy, and Hungary.
- Excellence in Teaching in Higher Education Certificate download certificate here
- LL.M. in Business and Finance Law, George Washington University Law School, Washington, DC
- Ph.D. in Law (recognition of S.J.D.), Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- S.J.D. in International Business Law, Central European University (registered and accredited in the U.S. with campuses in Budapest and Vienna)
- LL.M. in U.S. and Global Business Law, Suffolk University School of Law, Boston, MA (Budapest Program)
- LL.M. in International Business Law, Central European University (registered and accredited in the U.S. with campuses in Budapest and Vienna)
- Juris Doctor, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest